Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Grief reveals you. . .



The deeper the pain creeps into my broken soul,  
the more my soul is freed. . .

I've heard it said, time and time again, that grief reveals you. . .

The first time I heard this after the crash, I shuddered, literally.

What would be revealed of me? 

Not really having the mental capacity at the time to worry about it, I decided I'd deal with whatever was revealed of me at the time of revelation, no matter how deep and dark it was.

Since then, I have secretly wondered.

And waited. . .

Finally--I listened

I listened to the quiet revelations of my aching soul.

And I discovered,

that the deeper the pain crept into my broken soul, the more my soul was freed. . . 


to love more deeply and with abandoned,

to appreciate silence,

to crave authenticity,

to celebrate every gift,

to let joy in,

to hope,

and to experience compassion,

like never before.

Despite my brokenness, despite my heavy heart--grief has revealed my soul.

Ironic, isn't it?


"That suffering nourishes grace, and pain and joy are arteries of the same heart--
and mourning and dancing are but movements in His unfinished symphony of beauty." 

~Ann Voskamp, One Thousand Gifts






No comments:

Post a Comment